The quickest and cheapest way to start generating new customers is with Facebook Ads.
It’s also the quickest way to burn through money if you don’t know what you’re doing. Take it from me, I’ve burned through a lot of money trying to get Facebook ads to perform.
It’s super simple to set up ads and start generating unproductive clicks. Especially with boosted ads.
There are a few key things you need to consider.
- Know The Value of Your Customer – That service or product do you sell, how much is the profit per sale? If your client is a repeat customer, know the Lifetime Value of Your Customer. For example, a new client for an insurance agent may produce a $1,000 commission for the first year, but produces an additional $1,000 per year for the next 20 years. The value of that client is $20,000 not $1,000.
- Be Your Customer – Put yourself in your customer’s shoes, what would make you click an ad. Always keep in mind marketing is not what you think, it’s what your customer wants.
- Call Out Your Audience – If your target client is in Fairfield County, you may say Attention Fairfield County, If you are targeting customers in Stamford, your ad could say Attention Stamford.
- Sell Benefits – your audience doesn’t care about your product, they care what it does for them.
- Minimize Risk, Create Scarcity – Your prospects want the sure deal. They also are enticed by scarcity and urgency.
- Trust – Reviews, Testimonials, Years In Business, Amount of Clients Served convey trust. Case Studies provide proof.
- Call To Action – Tell Your Prospects what to do.
- The Click is The Most Important – In life, most people do not do business with someone on the first call. Entice them with a coupon or free pdf to start a relationship.
- Images – Bright, positive eye-catching images are what attracts online. Images are arguably more important than written content.
- Short Text – Facebook and Instagram users scroll with mobile phones. Images, and short, to the point content featuring benefits will attract the clicks.
The Fairfielder is based in the Heart of Fairfield County at 181 Main Street Norwalk. Our mission is to educate business owners about how to use the power of the internet to generate new customers and grow their business.